We’re keeping a close eye on the latest government guidelines as Benidorm cannot wait to welcome holidaymakers back in 2021 and has taken a series of steps to ensure everyone’s safety. Thanks to the strict measures taken to control the virus and many precautions put in place, we expect Benidorm to be back open for business (holidays) in the very near future.
Here’s everything you need to know about to protect your health and safety before, during and after your trip:
Prior To Travel
It is mandatory for all passengers travelling by air or sea to Spain to fill out and sign an online Health Control Form 48 hours prior to travel, providing the Spanish Ministry of Health with:
- Contact information
- Details of any known history of exposure to COVID-19
- Confirmation that you are able to provide evidence (electronically or hardcopy) that you have undertaken a PCR (swab) test taken no more than 72 hours prior to arrival and have tested negative for COVID-19.
You can do this on the Spain Travel Health website or downloadable app.
On completion of the Health Control Form, you will be issued a personal and non-transferable QR code which you must show (electronically or hardcopy) at airport health controls on arrival. You must also undergo a temperature check and a visual health assessment. If the checks reveal any indication of possible symptoms of COVID-19, the traveller must undergo a diagnostic test at the airport.
Key common measures across Spain include:
- Social gatherings limited to a maximum of 6 people.
- Social distancing of 1.5-metres.
- Obligatory use of face masks in public spaces for everyone aged six years and over. Face coverings are also recommended for children between three and five years old. Please refer to local authorities for specific information on face-covering requirements and any exceptions.
- Abiding by any safety measures put in place by establishments such as hotels, bars, shops and restaurants to reduce the risk of COVID-19.
- Track and trace – all shops, businesses and transport companies are obliged to keep customers’ contact information (where provided) for up to 4 weeks for tracking and tracing purposes.
- Capacity restrictions in place at beaches or other public areas such as the delineation of plots and the use of booking systems. Please refer to local authorities for information on the measures in place.
- If visitors test positive or develop symptoms during their stay in Spain, they may be moved t designated accommodation to prevent further spread.
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly and use hand sanitiser gel where soap and water are not available.
Returning To The UK
You must fill in the online passenger locator form before your return flight, and self-isolate if travelling to the UK from Benidorm. Some exemptions apply so please check the latest guidance for England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Please remember that this information is subject to change and correct at the time of publication (07/12/2020).